- Economy likely to grow by up to 8.75 per cent in 2010-11
- Full recovery; return to 9 per cent growth in 2011-12
- Broad recovery gives scope for gradual stimulus roll back
- High double-digit food inflation in 2009-10 major concern
- Signs of food inflation spreading to other sectors
- Farm & allied sector production falls 0.2 per cent in 2009-10
- Need serious policy initiatives for 4 per cent agriculture growth
- Moots direct food subsidy via food coupons to households
- Favours making available food in open market
- Favours monthly ration coupons usable anywhere for poor
- Gross fiscal deficit pegged at 6.5 pc of GDP in 2009-10
- India 10th largest gold holding nation at 557.7 tonnes
- Exports in April-December 2009 down 20.3 per cent
- Imports in April-December 2009 down 23.6 per cent
- Trade gap narrowed to USD 76.24 bn in April-December.
- 32.5 per cent savings & 34.9 per cent investment (of GDP in 2008-09) putIndia in league of world's fastest growing nations.
- Government initiates steps to boost private investment in agriculture
- Wants credit available at reasonable rates on time for private sector to invest in agriculture
- Slowdown in infrastructure that began in 2007, arrested
- Domestic oil production to rise 11 per cent in 2009-10
- Gas output up 52.8 per cent to 50.2 billion cubic meters with RIL starting production
- India world's 2nd largest wireless network with 525.1 million mobile users
- Virtually every second Indian has access to phone
- Auction for 3G spectrum to provide existing and foreign players to bring in new technology and innovations.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Economic Survey says India will grow by 9 pc!
Highlights of Economic Survey 2009-10: