- Economy likely to grow by up to 8.75 per cent in 2010-11
- Full recovery; return to 9 per cent growth in 2011-12
- Broad recovery gives scope for gradual stimulus roll back
- High double-digit food inflation in 2009-10 major concern
- Signs of food inflation spreading to other sectors
- Farm & allied sector production falls 0.2 per cent in 2009-10
- Need serious policy initiatives for 4 per cent agriculture growth
- Moots direct food subsidy via food coupons to households
- Favours making available food in open market
- Favours monthly ration coupons usable anywhere for poor
- Gross fiscal deficit pegged at 6.5 pc of GDP in 2009-10
- India 10th largest gold holding nation at 557.7 tonnes
- Exports in April-December 2009 down 20.3 per cent
- Imports in April-December 2009 down 23.6 per cent
- Trade gap narrowed to USD 76.24 bn in April-December.
- 32.5 per cent savings & 34.9 per cent investment (of GDP in 2008-09) putIndia in league of world's fastest growing nations.
- Government initiates steps to boost private investment in agriculture
- Wants credit available at reasonable rates on time for private sector to invest in agriculture
- Slowdown in infrastructure that began in 2007, arrested
- Domestic oil production to rise 11 per cent in 2009-10
- Gas output up 52.8 per cent to 50.2 billion cubic meters with RIL starting production
- India world's 2nd largest wireless network with 525.1 million mobile users
- Virtually every second Indian has access to phone
- Auction for 3G spectrum to provide existing and foreign players to bring in new technology and innovations.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Highlights of Economic Survey 2009-10:
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Cast: Vishal Krishna, Tanushree Dutta, Neetu Chandra, Sarah Jane Dias,
The whole story of Theeratha Vilayattu Pillai moves around a guy Karthik who is from upper middle class. He always wanted best in his life and so with his lifepartner. He decides to love 3 girls and select one of them who is the best among them.
Karthik identifies three girls, fools them, and finally wins their hearts. Tejaswini (Neetu Chandra), a millionaire but has a bitter experience of love failure in the past. Jyothi (Tanushree Dutta), an athlete who hates guys, and Priya (Sarah Jane), Ethiraj student. The story is how these girls bring all trouble to him and karthik overcoming these problems.
Of the 3 girls , Neetu Chandra walks away with the honours. She stuns with her good looks and impresses with her good expressions and acting skills. She gave a stunning and matured performance. She rocks especially in the revenge scenes where she says "Good Luck" to Vishal. She's sexy and sizzling on the screen..
Tanushree and Sarah are a big dissapointment. Sarah at any given point she acts expressionless and there is absolutely no lipsync.
The comedy of Santhanam, Mayilsami and Sathyan provide laughter throughout and especially the first half its Santhanam and Sathyan, who take the credit for a reasonably entertaining the audiences. Good work by both of them.
Prakash Raj springs out suddenly from nowhere, introducing himself as Jyoti’s brother. Its unbelievable that an accomplished actor like Prakash Raj would accept to take up such roles. Sneha does a cameo.
Music by Yuvan is also bad , The background score is ok, when compared to the songs.
Overall the movie's unconvincing script and immature presentation makes it a failure. Director has chosen a storyline laced with romance, glamour and fun but has failed to present it in a convincing and interesting manner.
What works: Neetu Chandra, Santahanam comedy.
What doesn't work: sarah Jane & Tanushree dutta acting, immature scripts.